Global-Watch International Discussion Group on Workplace Health and Well-being
THE GLOBAL-WATCH COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE IN ACTION
This Global-Watch International Discussion Group on workplace health and well-being will help contribute to the transition from science to action throughout our English-speaking community which spreads across the world.
OBJECTIVES OF THE GLOBAL-WATCH INTERNATIONAL DISCUSSION GROUP
- Respond to common issues
- Stimulate reflection and contribute to the enrichment of participants skills with the support of scientific experts as well as the content available on Global-Watch
- Share knowledge, experiences, ways of doing things, tips and tricks, tools, etc.
- Encourage changes in workplace practices and contribute to the achievement of organizational objectives
FORMAT AND COURSE OF ACTION
- Three 90 to 120-minute meetings per year
- Two Global-Watch moderators to facilitate discussions
Rachel Thibeault, O.C., Ph.D, FCAOT
Rachel Thibeault is a Doctor of Psychology and occupational therapist, former professor at the University of Ottawa and specialist in community-based rehabilitation, psychological resilience, and peer support, specifically in extreme contexts such as conflict zones and remote locations. She has worked for 40 years in the Canadian Arctic and numerous countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America where she helped vulnerable populations such as survivors of armed conflict, AIDS orphans and child soldiers. In 2013, she was named an Officer of the Order of Canada and in 2015, the Canadian Association for Global Health presented her with its Lifetime Achievement Award. She was also awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Medicine. She is also a Fellow of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, Canada’s highest award for occupational therapy.
Catherine Lepage, MSW
Director, Community of Practice, Global-Watch
Senior Consultant, English-speaking Community of practice, Global-Watch
WHO IS THIS GROUP FOR?
Access to the Global-Watch International Discussion Group is exclusive to Global-Watch affiliate employers.
- October 19, 2023
Are you a Global-Watch affiliate who would like to read a document from a past session of this group? Click on the links below to access the document that interests you.
- June 1, 2023 → Recording | Presentation
- October 6, 2022 → Recording | Presentation | Summary
- June 16, 2022 → Recording | Presentation | Summary | Tools | Lessons learned | Employer experience
- April 27, 2022 → Recording | Presentation | Summary
- October 26, 2021 → Presentation | Summary
- July 6, 2021 → Presentation | Summary