– AUTHORIZED USER –
- “Authorized user” means an employee of an Affiliate, authorized by the latter to use a licence agreement of Global-Watch.com, in accordance with the membership contract reached between the Affiliate and Global-Watch.com.
- “Affiliate” means the legal entity that subscribed to a membership to the Global-Watch.com service and whose name appears on the service agreement.
- The entirety of materials of the Global-Watch.com service are protected by copyright in favour of the following entities:
- Groupe Levia Inc.;
- Université de Sherbrooke;
- Équipe sur les organisations en santé [Health care organizations team], Université de Sherbrooke School of Management.
- Materials from the Global-Watch.com service can under no circumstances be used except in accordance with the conditions of the licence agreement or with the prior written permission of Global-Watch.com.
- The reproduction of any part of a Global-Watch.com publication must be accompanied by a copyright notice.
- Activities included from the licence agreement:
The authorized user has:
- the right to use materials from the Global-Watch.com service, search the materials and use them for research;
- the right to download and keep, for a limited time, small amounts of content (“downloaded materials”) on a storage device under the exclusive control of the Affiliate or the authorized user, for the sole purpose of allowing them to:
- view the downloaded materials on their computer; or
- quote excerpts from the downloaded materials (provided they do so accurately and acknowledge the source) using the copy-paste technique or by any other electronic means, in the documentation they produce in the course of the company’s activities;
- the right to print and photocopy in small quantities materials accessed as part of their use of the site or research done for their personal use and to quote excerpts of downloaded materials (provided they do so accurately and acknowledge the source) in the documentation they produce in the course of the company’s internal activities.
- Activities excluded from the licence agreement
The authorized user cannot:
- use the materials from the Global-Watch.com service in order to resell them, distribute them or publish them;
- use the materials from the Global-Watch.com service in order to build their own bank of materials;
- modify in any way whatsoever the materials from the Global-Watch.com service;
- publish, sell, rent, lease, grant a licence or sub-licence, transfer, market, distribute or redistribute or in general dispose of, in any way and in any form, all or part of the materials;
- copy, modify, alter, disassemble, decompile, translate or convert into a readable form all or part of the materials, or reverse-engineer them;
- use all or part of the materials to develop a by-product, a functionally compatible or competing software, a directory or a content base of any form, for commercial sale.
- Access codes and passwords
- The authorized user receives an access code and a password that they undertake to refrain from sharing and to be the sole user.
- Access codes and passwords are strictly personal and confidential. In the event of the breach of this obligation of confidentiality, access to the Global-Watch.com service can be immediately withdrawn by Global-Watch.com.
- Limitation of liability
- The authorized user releases Global-Watch.com from all responsibility arising from service interruption of the Global-Watch.com service. In this regard, Global-Watch.com provides no guarantee that the operation and content of the Global-Watch.com service will be offered on a continuous basis and without interruption.
- The authorized user releases Global-Watch.com or any other person involved in the production and distribution of materials from the Global-Watch.com service from any and all responsibility in relation to the accuracy, veracity or current nature of the content of the Global-Watch.com service, in relation to any errors or omissions in the content, or in relation to any outcome of any action taken based on information found in the content of the Global-Watch.com service.
- Applicable laws
- Choice of court
The courts of the judicial district of Montréal will have exclusive jurisdiction, to the exclusion of all other courts, to hear any dispute, any litigation or any legal proceeding between the parties in relation to membership or the use of the Global-Watch.com service.