You will also find a description of your right to privacy and how the law protects you.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to privacy, you can contact us at: [email protected]
The global-watch.com site presents the activities of the Global-Watch Network. This site includes a secure section accessible to employers who are members and holders of Global-Watch licenses. It provides access to many tools and scientific content related to health and well-being at work.
The personal data we collect about you:
Personal data, or personal information, is any information that can be used to identify an individual. Excluded from this definition is anonymous information.
Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier, and a version of your username/password.
Contact Data includes physical address, email addresses and telephone numbers.
Financial Data may include credit card information. This information may be collected when purchasing online. None of this data is transmitted to us.
Any profile data includes your user name and password.
Technical Data includes your IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technologies on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Tracking Data includes information that we or anyone else collects about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixel tags or mobile identifiers.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences regarding whether or not to receive communications from us.
We do not collect special categories of personal data (this includes details of your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information relating to your health, genetic or biometric data).
Remember that you can choose not to share personal data with us or refuse certain contact permissions.
How is your Personal Data collected?
We use various methods to collect data about you:
Direct interactions. You may provide us with your Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, and Marketing and Communications Data by filling out our forms or by contacting us by post, phone, or email. For example, when you:
- Sign up to receive a newsletter or market watch;
- Register online for one of our events;
- Ask questions or request to receive information;
- Contact our services directly by email, or by one of the forms presented on one of our websites.
Indirect interactions. You may provide us with your Technical Data, Usage Data and Tracking Data by visiting our websites and corporate social media pages, logging into the secure section of the Global-Watch website, agreeing to receiving and viewing communications.
Use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data in accordance with the law. Generally, your personal data will be used in the following cases:
- In order to perform the contract we have or will sign with you.
- In order to improve or personalize our service offer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override them. For example, when we carry out anti-fraud checks.
- When we have to meet any legal or regulatory obligations. For example, for keeping our records.
In general, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, except where required by law, for example for sending direct marketing communications. Where the legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Explanation of the legal grounds governing our processing of your personal data
We do not perform any automated decision making. The personal data kept only serves us for the follow-up of files, or for communication actions relating to our activities.
Your preferences in advertising, marketing and communication
We may use your Identity Data, Contact Data, Technical Data, Tracking Data, Usage Data and Profile Data to get an idea of what you might want or need or what might interest you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers are relevant to you and let you know. This is what we call direct marketing communication.
This can be conducted by e-mail, telephone, sms or mail. For example, you may receive the Newsletter in your inbox or an interesting advertisement in your mailbox.
On our site, we do our best to make it clear to you what we are doing and what communications you will receive, whether it is you who decides to subscribe to our newsletters. You also have the right to change your mind at any time and to refuse. The easiest way to refuse it is to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
The cookie is a block of data that does not identify users but is used to record information relating to their browsing on the site.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data is not shared, except as necessary, with the following third parties:
- Auditors and professional advisers such as bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- The government, regulators and the police.
Your personal data may also be shared with the following third parties:
- Hubspot (customer relationship management system): to facilitate the management of our business relationships.
- Mailchimp (online marketing platform): to send our newsletters and market intelligence to those who request them.
- Blitzmedia (host): to allow access to the secure section of the Global-Watch website to Global-Watch licensees.
- Other sub-processors (in the case of specific mandates): in order to provide services to our clients.
No information relating to means of payment is requested on our various websites. Transactions for the purchase of market watches and registration for events are processed by the external systems Paypal or Eventbrite.
All administrative and financial information concerning our customers is kept as part of the administrative and financial management of the company.
For any transfer of your personal data outside the EEA, we comply with applicable data protection laws. The mechanisms we may use when making an international transfer are as follows:
- Your personal data is transferred to a country whose level of protection is officially considered adequate by the European Commission.
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection as in Europe (so-called “EU Standard Contractual Clauses”).
- Where we use providers based in the United States, we may send data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the United States. In case the supplier is not certified by the EU-US Privacy Shield, we can use the Standard Contractual Clauses.
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, modified, disclosed or accessed without authorization. In addition, access to your personal data is limited to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a need-to-know basis. They will process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and are subject to the obligation of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach. You and any relevant regulator will be notified of any such breach when required by law.
Links to Third Party Sites
Your personal data will only be kept for the time necessary to implement the purpose for which they were collected. This includes legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In order to determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of that data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purpose for processing it, and the possibility of achieving this purpose by other means; and the applicable legal requirements.
For tax purposes, we must retain basic information about our customers (including contact data, identity data, financial data and transaction-related data) in accordance with legal obligations, from when they cease to be our customers.
Your Legal Rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data, in accordance with data protection legislation:
- The right of access: this is the right to make a request for access to data concerning you in order to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right of rectification: the right to ask us to rectify personal data concerning you which is incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure, also known as the “right to be forgotten”: in some cases, you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there is a legal reason imperative which obliges us to keep them);
- The right to restriction of processing: you have the right in certain cases to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data;
The right to data portability: you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example a .csv file);
- The right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data (for example, by prohibiting us from processing your data for direct marketing purposes); and
- Rights relating to automated individual decision-making and profiling: you have the right to ask us to be transparent about any profiling we carry out or any automated decision-making.
The exercise of these rights is subject to certain rules. Contact us if you wish to exercise any of the rights described above. You will not have to pay any fees for access to your personal data (nor for the exercise of any other right). We may ask you for specific information in order to confirm your identity and ensure your right of access to your personal data (or to exercise any other right). This is a security measure to ensure that this personal data is not delivered to a person who is not authorized to receive it. We may also contact you to obtain more information about your request, in order to give you a faster response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. This one-month period may be exceeded if your request is particularly complex or if you have made several. In this case, we will notify you and keep you informed.
How to contact us about privacy