Equip managers and organizations so they can take action
Global-Watch does a scientific literature review, identifies best practices in organizations, then suggests tools that allow its members to have in hand the arguments and tools they need to.
Tools and resources
New technologies and new business models: how to take them into account without compromising employee health and productivity?
The global economy is evolving rapidly. Companies must embrace innovation and adapt to changes in industry and the economy, including the need to integrate new, digital technologies. This paper provides a summary of three reports and various case studies illustrating the impacts of this phenomenon on businesses.read more
The 11th International Association on Workplace Bullying and Harassment (IAWBH) conference took place on June 5 to 8, 2018, in Bordeaux. The association aims to stimulate and generate ideas and research and to incorporate and disseminate research results and best practices in the area of harassment and bullying in the workplace.read more
Sanofi Canada announced the results of the 21st edition of the Sanofi Canada Healthcare Survey on June 14 in Montréal. The survey is broad and detailed. It assesses the health of Canadian workers (“members”) with employer-sponsored healthcare plans and the concerns of companies or employers (“sponsors”) offering healthcare plans to their employees.read more
At a time when employers are continually searching for ways to improve productivity on a sustained basis, workplace health and quality of life are becoming essential strategies to rely on.read more
Jacques Provencher, a partner at Le Corre, a law firm in Laval, Quebec, specialized in labor and employment law, summarizes the new legal framework regarding cannabis consumption in Canada coming into effect in october of 2018. He also speaks of the importance of a clear drug policy for businesses and what is allowed or not in terms of drug testing in Canada.read more
Global-Watch offers materials to build effective business cases
- Understand the problem and its impacts on the overall health of employees and on organizational performance
- Convince upper management, stakeholders and executives of the importance of taking action in suggesting ways to make it easier to apply the approach day to day
- Help and equip to move to action
- Measure and calculate the impacts on individuals and on the organization
- Sustain mobilization around this issue
State-of-the-art resources to equip your organization
Global-Watch’s reference models
1. Global-Watch framework for intervention©
Global-Watch’s framework for intervention© offers the strategy and process to follow for an integrated organizational approach.
2. Continuum of overall workplace health
Initiatives for promoting overall health must include keeping employees in a state of well-being, while prevention initiatives aim to reduce the negative impacts of risk factors and avoid absences or departures.
However, it is also critical to make an effort before problems occur – by preventing absences and promoting being present at work, productive and engaged, where the employee can thrive and contribute to achieving their objectives and to organizational health.
When it comes to workplace health, organizations often tend to focus only on the time when the employee is absent. This intervention approach is limited if one does not also give priority to preventing departures and absences, as well as promoting workplace health and well-being.
Return to work
Global-Watch supports the fact that it is important to apply prevention strategies when the employee returns to work after being absent due to illness, to avoid a relapse and to maximize the chances of job retention. It is also important to mobilize a multidisciplinary team and follow best practices at this stage.
From science to action, while promoting interaction among employers and integration of practices
Global-Watch's offer at a glance
Examples of tools
- Scientific monitoring / content distribution
- Market monitoring / identification of tools and trends
- Detailed thematic dockets (including literature review and toolkit)
- Covers all themes related to workplace health and well-being
- International monitoring (scientific and market) based on WHERE expertise may be found
- Content that is selected, summarized, discussed and interpreted
- Tools, resources, recommendations and turnkey deployment kit
- Case studies // Clips from experts
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Neutral and objective compared to other offerings in the marketplace
- Financed by employers
- From everywhere - based on where expertise may be found
- Takes into account the reality organizations are facing
- Community of interest (dialogue on research, case studies, workshops, etc.)
- Concierge services (personalized research and analysis)
- Annual meetings and meetings with organizations